Hours of Operation
1. First Day of Care
- The first day of care will be the first week of school for school age children only.
- Daycare for full time children are based on year-to-year contracts and may begin at any time.
2. Regular Hours of Care
- The hours of care will be from 7:00am to 6:00pm, Monday through Friday. Late drop-offs do not allow for late pickups.
- The before and after school program is open from September to June, except for the holidays and vacations listed within this policy handbook.
- Full day hours of care are from 7:00am to 6:00pm *
- The school age morning hours are from 7:00am to 9:00am *
- The school age afternoon hours are from 3:45pm to 6:00pm *
3. Other Business Hours
- * Additional hours are available upon request and may differ from Regular hours.
- The daycare fee for additional hours (not including Holidays) will be the hourly rate (see below) per child, based on their age group (infant, toddler, or school age).
- Summer care is available upon request; see page 3.
Terms of Payment
A. Child Care Rates and Fees
1. Regular Rate
- The Regular Rate will be $510.00 per week for an infant (6 weeks to 24 months).
- The hourly rate will be $22.00 per hour for an infant (6 weeks to 24 months).
- The Regular Rate will be $440.00 per week for toddlers (25 months to 4 years old).
- The hourly rate will be $20.00 per hour for a toddler (25 months to 4 years old).
- The Regular Rate will be $270.00 per week for school age (5 to 12 years old). Maximum of 4 hours per day.
- The hourly rate will be $18.00 per hour for school age (5 to 12 years old).
2. Drop-in Rate
- The client is responsible for paying the full amount for the hours of drop-in care requested even if the client does not bring the child for the entire time.
- The client will be responsible for paying the normal rate during school vacations, school snow days, school and/or daycare weather-related closings, and school early dismissal days.
3. Family Discounts
- There is a discount for two or more children from the same family.
- The discounted rate for two after-school only children is 10% per week.
- The discounted rate for one full-day and one after-school only children is 10% per week.
- The discounted rate mentioned above will be applied to the oldest child only.
4. Payment Due Date
- Child care fees are due at drop-off time on Monday for the week, or the first Monday of each month.
- After-school only clients will pay the regular fee 43 weeks for the school year.
- Full day clients will pay the regular fee 51 weeks.
- If the Client decides to pay monthly, the first payment will be due on the first Monday of each month.
- If the Client decides to pay weekly, the payment will be due on Monday of each week.
5. Early Drop-off and Late Pickup Fees
- It is required that a parent call us to notify us if they will be running late. We will prepare your child and inform them that there will be a slight delay (15 min.) Of course, we ask that you be on time, as my staff and I have family obligations to tend to.
- Below are the general late fee structures:
- - Hourly rate fee, plus
- $1.00 per minute will be charged as a late fee after normal pick-up time.
- - All late pick-up fee payments are due upon pickup.
- - Hourly rate fee, plus
- If a parent work schedule changes, parent should let me know in advance so that we can modify the schedule and avoid any Late Fees.
- The extra child care rate will be the hourly rate per child based on their age group (infant, toddler, or school age).
- All fees for late pickup are due upon arrival, once the child is picked up.
B. Holidays, Vacations, and Absences
- The child care program will be closed on the following days each year:
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Martin Luther King Day (third Monday in January)
- Presidents’ Day (third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Juneteenth (June 19)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (first Monday in September)
- Rosh Hashanah (September 26 & 27)
- Yom Kippur (October 05)
- Columbus Day (second Monday in October)
- Veterans Day (November 11)
- Thanksgiving Day (fourth Thursday in November)
- The day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve Day (December 24)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
- New Year’s Eve Day (December 31)
- Good Friday (two days before Easter Sunday)
- Easter Holiday (day after Easter Sunday)
- If a holiday falls on a Saturday, the child care program will be closed the day before (Friday).
- If a holiday falls on a Sunday, the child care program will be closed the next day (Monday).
- The client must pay for all paid holidays listed above, regardless of any other term in this contract.
2. Holiday Extra Hours (Optional)
- If a client requires childcare on any of the holidays listed in B(1), the fee will be time and half, in addition to the normal paid weekly.
3. Provider Sick/Personal Days
- The provider will provide a substitute for her sick / personal days.
4. Provider Vacations
- Daycare will be closed for two (2) weeks per calendar year. Full day clients will pay the regular fee for the weeks that daycare is closed.
- For school age children, Daycare will be closed for one week per school calendar year. The school age clients will pay the regular fee for the week that daycare is closed.
- Provider will notify all clients of the vacation weeks at least three (3) months in advance.
5. Summer Care
- Summer care is available upon request.
- Summer rates will be the same as the “Regular Rate” for full-day care (see above, A1).
6. Client Vacations
- Clients are allowed two (2) vacation weeks per year without payments due (in contract).
- Clients must give the provider two weeks’ notice of the dates of their vacation.
- Client vacations apply to full day clients only.
- Client vacations do not apply to subsidized (DSS) clients.
7. Child Sick Days and Absences (please refer to Covid-19 Policies)
- If your child is sick with fever, they cannot attend daycare as it can easily spread.
- The client must notify the provider in advance (before the scheduled starting time) whenever a child won’t be coming to care due to illness or any other reason.
- A clearance letter from the doctor must be provided prior to your child returning to daycare.
- Failure to comply with the program’s illness policies may result in the termination of this contract.
C. Holding Fees - School Age Children Only
- The provider agrees to hold a space in daycare during the whole summer vacation. In return, the client agrees to pay the provider $150.00 per month during this holding period. Payment is due July 1st and August 1st.
- If a client does not enroll the child after August 1st, the holding fee becomes non-refundable.
- If the client enrolls the child in Summer Care, no holding fee will be required.
- If a client is laid off from work, loses a job, or becomes seriously ill and decides to temporarily remove the child from care, the provider will not charge the client to hold the child’s space for four (4) weeks. At that point, the agreement will be renegotiated.
D. Holding Fees - Full Day Children Only
- The provider agrees to hold a space in daycare for no longer than four (4) weeks. In return, the client agrees to pay the provider $450.00 for the four weeks.
- If a client is laid off from work, loses a job, or becomes seriously ill and decides to temporarily remove the child from care, the provider will not charge the client to hold the child’s space for four (4) weeks. After those four weeks, the agreement will be renegotiated.
E. Other Fees
1. Field Trip Fees
- There will be an extra fee for field trips. The provider will notify the client of the fee for each trip at least one week in advance.
- The client will pay any out-of-pocket costs involved with field trips, such as entrance fees and event fees.
2. Charges for Damage by the Child
- If the client’s child breaks or damages the provider’s property, the client will pay to have the item replaced or repaired, at the provider’s discretion.
School Aged Children
- Cellular phones - if your child owns a cellular phone with data and access to the internet, we will ask your child to keep the phone in their cubby or backpack while they are under our care.
- Emergencies - all staff are equipped with cellular phones as well as a house phone, so if there is ever an emergency, children will be allowed to use their cellular phone with staff approval.